You want to know what the worst thing is? It’s not the embarrassment, or the looks on people’s faces when I tell them what happened. It isn’t the pain of him not being there—loneliness is manageable. The worst thing is not knowing why.
When Justin walks out on Alice on their honeymoon, with no explanation apart from a cryptic note, Alice is left alone and bewildered, her life in pieces.
Then she meets Evelyn, a visitor to the gallery where she works. It’s a seemingly chance encounter, but Alice gradually learns that Evelyn has motives, and a heartbreaking story, of her own. And that story has haunting parallels with Alice’s life.
As Alice delves into the mystery of why Justin left her, the questions are obvious. But the answers may lie in the most unlikely of places…
Available on Amazon
After You Left by Carol Mason
Sunday, August 27, 2017
- His Untamed Love by Anya Summers
- Interview with author Michelle M. Pillow
- Surprise Me by Sophie Kinsella
- Craft by Adriana Locke
- One Last Time by Corrine Michaels
- Mastering Her Fear by BJ Wane
- A Wintry Affair by Jamie Phillips
- Cuffed by K. Bromberg
- Maverick by Karina Halle
- Changing Her Mind by Stevie MacFarlane