Today, in celebration of Bachelor’s Special—my latest release from the Indulgence line at Entangled Publishing—I’d like to share my top ten list of favorite snippets.
So let’s get started…
Christine’s TOP TEN snippets from Bachelor’s Special
1. Jill stared him steadily in the eyes, then licked her lips. “Can I think about it and get back to you?”
He laughed. “Nope, this offer is one-time only.” He glanced at his watch. “You have sixty seconds.”
3.Bitterness filled Chet’s stare. How could she make him see the truth? Jill’s stomach rolled with a deep, overwhelming sense of loss. “You act like you’re the last man on earth.”
“Sometimes when you look at me, I feel like it.”
Good to know she sucked at hiding her emotions. She needed to get away. Escape to the privacy of her room to absorb their conversation and try to make sense of it all. She
brushed past him. When she cleared the arch, she stopped and spun in his direction, squaring her shoulders. “Just because I want to have it all, doesn’t mean I want to
have it all with you!”
4. He tossed the towel on the counter. “I’m attracted to you, and after that zipper-popping kiss, I’m going to assume the feeling’s mutual.”
5. “Is this the payback you’re expecting? You offer to help me with my catering business, even so far as co-signing for a loan, and all I have to do is lay back, close my eyes, and grit my teeth while you have your way with me?”
A vein hammered along the side of his neck. “I seriously doubt you’ll be gritting your teeth, unless it’s to stop yourself from screaming my name.”
6. He turned and stepped onto the diving board. He bounced along the surface as he made his way over the water. When he looked at Jill’s bathing cap covering her head, he held back his grin. The neon rubber flowers reminded him of something his
grandmother would’ve worn, but there the similarity ended. Everything beneath that cap was far from making him think of Grandma.
7. Chet moved toward the arch, stopping before he made his way to the foyer. His aftershave wafted around her, the subtleness overpowering the food aromas filling the kitchen. “If you change your mind about dinner, throw an extra place setting on the table.”
“Thanks. I will.” She smiled. Not a chance. Danger, Will Robinson, danger. Keep as far away from this man as possible. His hotness would be the death of her.
8. Jill’s patience thinned. “There was no sleeping involved.”
“Excuse me. Doing the nasty, bumping uglies, the horizontal
mamba, the old in and out—”
“Shut up!” Jill pulled the cell from her ear.
“Jeez. You’re acting like you committed murder or something. Yes, you had sex. Oh my God! Calm down.” Mel said. “How was it?”
9. Gina had followed Jill into the kitchen, empty-handed, on the first trip and leaned her hip against the counter. From there she hadn’t moved. Each time Jill came back into the kitchen, laden down with an armful of dishes, the other woman studied the kitchen as if she visited a foreign land and didn’t speak the language.
10. In the soft red glow of the instrument panel, he looked like a superhero. One on a mission.
Rescuing a damsel in distress.
In this movie script, she’d play the damsel. Her knees weakened at the idea.
What would his superpower be? Maybe he’d fly, turn invisible, read minds, which he kind of already did. No. No, she knew exactly what his superpower would be.
She choked on her laugh, and he glanced at her and chuckled, too. Like he was in on her joke.Yes, Chet Castle’s superpower would be the ability to disintegrate underwear from any female form.
A bit about Bachelor's Special:
Jill Adgate wants three things from life: a successful catering business, a family, and the love of an exceptional man. What she has is no job, a mounting pile of bills, and her outspoken best friend—who sets her up on a blind date with the man who inadvertently ruined Jill’s life.
Chet Castle is a businessman who has everything, except the ability to trust. Burned by a money-hungry fiancée, he refuses to get involved in any relationship that has a shelf life longer than a head of lettuce.
Intrigued by her ambition—and determined to get her in bed—Chet offers Jill the chance of a lifetime: work as his live-in chef and he’ll help her get her catering business off the ground. When sparks fly in the kitchen, Jill realizes what’s cooking is a recipe for disaster…
A bit about Christine:
Christine Warner is living her dream in Michigan along with her husband, three children, one laptop and a much loved assortment of furry friends.
Besides laughing and a good round of humor, she enjoys spending time with her family, cooking, reading, writing but no arithmitic. A confessed people watcher, she finds inspiration for her stories in everyday activities. She loves to read and write about strong heroes and determined, sometimes sassy, heroines.
A girl gone wild, at least where social media is concerned, she enjoys meeting other avid readers and writers on facebook, twitter and her website.
Please comment for a chance to win either of my other two books in pdf format. Either Some Like it in Handcuffs--a light hearted romantic suspense, or Two-Timing the Boss--a contemporary office romance. HAPPY READING.
Twitter under @ChristinesWords: https://twitter.com/#!/ChristinesWords
Facebook page : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Christine-Warner/143430882396013Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5763713.Christine_Warner
Barnes & Nobel: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/bachelors-special-christine-warner/1115250848?ean=9781622661312